Proper Followers

Friday, March 19, 2010

Acrostic???

The whole blogging poetry world seems to have gone Acrostic mad of late. Even I who knows zilch about the form, have given in and written one for a competition, (I'll post it on this blog after the winner has been announced). In the meantime I'll leave you with the only other acrostic that I can find on my bloggage - but I'll warn you now before you read it, that last time I posted it, nobody even noticed that it was an acrostic!
COMPETITION
Your challenge is to write an acrostic inspired by the word "wonder." It can be up to 250 words in length. Creativity and cleverness are important. For the prize details and more about acrostics, visit the contest page.
All entries must be received between 12:01AM EST March 1, 2010 and 11:59PM EST on April 30, 2010, the contest deadline. Limit one entry per person. Keep it short but sweet - no more than a title (25 words or less) and up to 250 words. (There is no minimum word count.) Judging will be done by Gotham Writers' Workshop staff. Winners will be notified by email no later than May 30, 2010. The decision of the judges is final.
Get more information and submit your entry at:
     http://www.Writing.Com/gothamcontest


HERE'S MY PREVIOUS ATTEMPT :

ORGANIC POETRY
Organic poetry sounds good to me!
Rhymes but it doesn’t have to don’t you know?
Ghazal, I only tried it once to see...
Acrostic? No not me, I’m much too slow.
Narrative not necessarily free.
Iambic pentameter starts to crow,
Cinquain has two four six eight two to show.
Poetry is much too complicated.
Ode in olden days, she’s set in her ways!
Elegy is no allergy dated,
Tanka haiku,thank you, which way you say?
Renga, Jenga, they all fall down, hated.
Yazoo and Gibbo and all the gang, hey!
         100109
 
And this was the original post.

6 comments:

  1. Good stuff!
    I'll check this out and see what I can come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to say that there is/are $1,000 worth of prizes up for grabs in this competition too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's easier to notice an acrostic if the poem isn't centred like this one is. If acrostic isn't your favorite form, what better time than now to take up the challenge? You'll probably shock yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Birthday girl!

    How much love have you got?

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Zuzanna, thanks for the kind words, and the follow!

    I'll be back over to your blog again very soon!!

    ReplyDelete