Proper Followers

Monday, July 29, 2024

Madness...


Previously published in Poetry Now Anthology

Cowardy Custard's Last Stand (in Salford) Poetry pamphlet

and on my poetry archive bloggage at: www.mcfcuk.blogspot.com


I first wrote this little piece over thirty years ago, and finally it looks like someone has actually taken my advice. It was on the evening news that a church in Torbay is offering cycle repairs...


SALFORD
MADNESS
COMMUNITY
CHURCH

If I was the vicar
of this church
the first thing
I'd do is take
down the sign
that says:
No right of way
to public
No cycling
I'd invite the kids
down to spray
paint the walls
I'd stick up a
notice that said:
Public right of way
Cyclists welcome
punctures repaired
But perhaps there's
a method in their
madness after all.

01091989 



No comments:

Post a Comment