Proper Followers

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Nothing much to say..

DIGITAL DRUMS
Jack's latest 'must have' item, is a set of digital drums. 'You can practice all night without disturbing anybody' he tells me. So, off we go to the digital drum shop to have a look. 'I don't want those ones' he says straight away, as I look at the five hundred quid set near the door. 'They're rubbish, we've got some like that at school and you don't get a proper sound from them,' he continues. 'That's the sort I want!' he shouts, running over to the two thousand five hundred pound equipment.
DIGITAL BOOK
Funnily enough, I've been working on Nic's Digital Book this week. She wants me to make a CD version of her autobigraphical stories The Ziggy Collection. Not an audio book, you understand but a text version that people can read on their computer screens. A sort of E-book perhaps. Well anyway, we're calling it a digital book and we're putting it onto CD and into a dvd case with a nice cover. (A picture of a Ziggy Carousel, drawn by Nic's dad.) The idea of putting it into a dvd case is so that it can go on your bookshelf just like a paperback book might.
RAW MEAT
For those of you who don't know, Nic writes a monthly Newsletter, Raw Meat. She's been doing it warts 'an all, every month (just about) since the end of the last century. Now, eight or nine years doesn't sound like a long time but in this digital age. It's well, erm, an eternity?

1 comment:

  1. my son desperately wants drums...not goinna happen...lol
    in response to the comment you left on my blog on whats happening over here? hubby says we elect our own dictators...kind of morbid but lately I wonder! Bills are being snuck through without our say...not impressed :(

    ReplyDelete