Proper Followers

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Three Word Wednesday CLI

Written for 3WW.
The words this week are:
Decay, Graceful, and Riot.

Here's mine:

PROLETARIAT? PERHAPS!
Decay and revolution, as graceful as a starvation riot. The proletariat storm The Bastille, hoping for a crust of bread. Polishing her nails, she dismisses them, "give them cake, to eat," she says.
190809 Posted to The American Sandwich game..

Decay, starvation
Revolution and riot
GRACEFUL SO GRACEFUL
Riot and revolution
Starvation, decay
1908a

Posted to The NaiSaiKu Challenge? Have you tried it yet?

17 comments:

  1. Enjoyed both of these - although maybe not if I'd been there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always say 'when in doubt, eat cake!'

    Peace - or should I say piece?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life is uncertain, eat desert first...

    And I like your use of the words.

    Both instances...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stuff, Andy. Both are great, but I had to give a little chuckle when reading the first. Let them eat cake, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome attempt :)

    http://1goal1passion.blogspot.com/2009/08/three-words-only.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. historically inaccurate but wonderful poetry! Your NaiSaiKu was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, so well said - or we going back to that regime? Nicely written!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very clever...I thoroughly enjoyed both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the second one! Beautiful written architecture!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love them both, but the first one had me smiling! :) Now I want cake.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very clever NaiSaiKu!:)

    Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The appearance of grace hides the lack of true grace, thus resulting in ultimate riot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the NaiSaiKu, interesting juxtaposition.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These a great! I enjoyed them both, they were very well written.

    ReplyDelete