Proper Followers

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

TOP PROMPT

SUMMERTIME BLUES
Hi everybody, sorry I've not been able to post much lately, I'm blaming the weather of course. The truth is that it's too hot in Manchester at the minute. And even when it rains, as it has this morning, it's still so stuffy. Anyway, enough of the complaining, what's on the menu today?

Here's a little something I wrote during the week:

DANCE THE

MOOD AWAY

no it’s not

that I ain’t got

nobody to talk to,

‘cos you know

that I got you.

it’s just that

I ain’t got

a lot to say.

I’d rather throw

another record on

my turntable, and

let the music play.

don’t go feelin’ blue

but if you do do

spin a disc or two

then go like this, and

dance the mood away

that’s why they do it

on the radio

about a million

zillion times a day

don’t need no

fancy Wurlitzer

duke box

no you don’t

need no

superstar deejay

just a gramophone

and some forty-fives

and a ra-ra skirt

if you wanna flirt

and a dance or two

that we both can do...

Chorus

Then repeat from top

030709

pOSTED TO tOTALLY oPTIONAL pROMPTS

6 comments:

  1. Love this song! The voice is lively and sassy, and the optimism shines through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, love this! Headed off to spin a vinyl...and dance the night away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got me jigging - minus skirt ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very, very nice. It makes me want to dance!

    ReplyDelete