Proper Followers

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Syllable sestina...

SYLLABLE SESTINA
I haven't posted anything for a few days because I've been busy with this new craze - The Syllable Sestina, which I first saw on Tiel Aisha Ansari's blog 
She of course is brilliant at them, you only have to read her regular sestina's to find the depth and breadth of her capabilities.
COMPETITION                                                                                                                                          Also, I believe that there is a competition being held by Wags Review, for anybody interested in this form. Although you'll need to hurry 'cos the deadline is March the 1st. You should Clink~the~link as they can explain it far better than I.
ADDICTIVE AS SUDOKU
The troube with the Syllable Sestina, is that it is as addictive as Sudoku. It's one of those games you just MUST play. If you do have a go and post something on your blog, please leave a comment and link on this blog as I'd be interested to read whatever you write.
FIRST ATTEMPTS
Okay, I better explain the rules as I understand them, although, you'd be safer to check out one of the links above. Here goes:  Firstly the poem only contains six syllables, which are repeated in the same pattern of end words as in a regular sestina. So the sixth syllable of the first line, becomes the first syllable of the second line and so on.
123456
615243
364125
532614
451362
246531
I've done a few, but you'll have to bear with me, as they're probably not syllabically perfect.
 If you do one please leave a comment on this post with a link to the piece on your blog, as I'd be very interested to read YOUR interpretation of this form.

HERE'S ONE:
FORK OFF
Coffee or tea Madam?
Sham of fad free tea or
more damn tea, coffee mad
made for free, scam of tea?
Teas made of orange seed.
See tea spam ad, fork off!
13022+10/3
HERE'S AN ORDINARY
SESTINA I DID EARLIER
Clink~da~link!

Here's another Syllable Sestina
Torture Them!

No comments:

Post a Comment