Proper Followers

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Dropping like flies...

BACK TO NORMAL?
Things are just about back to normal and in this house that means complete chaos. We/I started decorating the back room about a week before Christmas and of course it was never going to be finished in time was it? Well, no it wasn't and it still isn't! So what's new?
DIET WHAT?
Did I say I was starting the diet on Christmas eve? Dream on! I meant February 2nd. Honest! You see I figured out that the best day of the whole year to start a new diet is February 2nd. so that's when it's going to happen.
WEIGHT LOSS
The other thing I said was that I was going to lose the weight first and then go on the diet. So did I? Well nearly! I got very close, within twenty pounds of my target weight and then I went chocolate crazy! Only choking, I went cake mad! Well anyway, so close and yet still FAT! But, tomorrow is another day and another opportunity for me (and you) to succeed.
HIVE MAGAZINE
I've posted a couple of poems on a blog at Hive Magazine, the first one Speaking Mancunian I wrote specially for them, I wasn't too happy about the way it penned but I stuck it up anyhow. No one has left a comment on the post so I really don't know how well it went. The second one I posted was Shining Shoes, again no comments, how frustrating! The problem is though that you have to be registered to comment which in my opinion defeats the object, 'cos if the readers can't comment (only other contributors are allowed to ) then you don't get any feedback - where's the joy in that?
RAW MEAT 100th. ISSUE
This month sees the 100th. Issue of Nicola's Online Newsletter Raw Meat. She has been producing it every month (apart from when she was doing her MA and it became a bi-monthly for a while) since 1999. First as a paper publication which she mailed out by post and then since September 2006 as an Online Newsletter and a paper publication then finally from January 2007 as an Online Monthly only. So Congratulations Nic! Here's to the next 100!
FINALLY FINALLY
Don't forget you can read, criticise, comment or complain about my really bad poetry over at my main pub-poetry site SweetTalkingGuy!...
If you want to read some good poetry you could try our Stan's blog Elephant Small, he hasn't posted for a few weeks but it's well worth scrolling down the pages to unearth some real gems. He is also posting extracts from his novel The Fourth Millennium.
MORE NEXT WEEK

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I can't get back to the editing suite right now so I'm posting this here - If anybody wants to see my 'nearly slim' photo they can clink-the-link to SweetTalkingGuy at the top of the right hand sidebar on this bloggage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andy. I'm 'back' from my break and posting again. Thanks for the plug. I'm still following Raw Meat and your other blogs and will resume response and comment to prompts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stan, good to see you back in the blogiwatsit?!!!

    ReplyDelete