Proper Followers

Wednesday, March 30, 2022

14th Intro

 

INTRODUCTION

GLOBAL/NAPOWRIMO 2022

MY FOURTEENTH YEAR


Hi Everybody, it's that time again already where you can take the challenge of writing thirty poems (one each day) during the thirty days of April. As always, I would like to take this opportunity to wish each and every participant a very happy and creative Napowrimo. I won't be following Napowrimo prompts this year or fishing for comments, I will simply be posting a poem a day on my StraightTalkingStreetTalkingSweet bloggage at sewina(dot)blogspot(dot)com

Happy Napowrimo,

Andy


MY INTRODUCTION POEM


Here's mine:


WELCOME TO PARADISE

With the power of love and a sound mind

the children can play outside without fear


Here we go again sideways sometimes

sitting on Brown Sugar Beach


Watching the tide come in

waiting for the two suns to rise

(you have to be up early to see that happen)


up before daylight out before dawn

it's all won or lost by six in the morn


The strawberry scented ocean lapping the shore

never smelt so good as this before


Welcome to Paradise but some people

don't think that way the grass is always greener

on the other side of the pond they tell me

however I know that I know they don't know


For me this Island is the one and only Tiny Tree

the place where I've always been

the place where I will always be


My here and now on Earth taken with a pinch of salt

a hardwood honey dipper dripping honey

onto an overflowing glass of apple wine

stirred and shaken mixed with imagination


Blended into the unreality of time an eternal past

a present and a future shouting bawling screaming

the here and now from the rooftops


So your children and mine can play without fear

with the power of love and a sound mind

30032022/Nairobics



No comments:

Post a Comment